I decided to use a baking mix in the refrigerator and the last of a few blueberries. Even though I started with a crumb cake recipe, I used a sugar substitute, spreadable butter product, unsweetened applesauce and an instant oatmeal pack of apples and cinnamon, of all things. It turned out well and we enjoyed it. Kids will enjoy this too.
1 1/3 cups baking mix
3/4 cup sugar substitute (or granulated sugar)
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 tablespoon spreadable butter
2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
1 large egg, room temperature
3/4 cup fat-free milk
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 packet instant oatmeal with apples and cinnamon
2 tablespoons cold butter
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 9 1/2″ layer cake pan with cooking spray.
2. Whisk baking mix and sugar substitute (or sugar) together in a batter bowl.
Add rinsed blueberries into this mixture.
3. Stir in spreadable butter and applesauce.
4. Beat egg with fork and add milk and vanilla extract.
5. Combine this mixture with the other ingredients.
6. Transfer to prepared pan.
7. Cut top off oatmeal packet and sir contents with spoon. Sprinkle half of the oatmeal over coffee cake and dot with cold butter.
8. Bake 35 minutes, or until tart starts to pull away from pan. Makes 8 servings.